In this, the 100th year of the NFL, you should expect a lot of milestones to be remembered. But few of them will be as eagerly anticipated as the one we are marking here.
Today is 100 days from the start of the 100th season, which kicks off on Sept. 5 with the greatest rivalry game, the Green Bay Packers at the Chicago Bears. With most of the roster construction completed and minicamps on the horizon, it’s time to consider the 100 questions we have on our minds 100 days out from the NFL’s 100th season.
1) What will the Pittsburgh Steelers‘ offense look like without Antonio Brown?
2) And their defense with rookie linebacker Devin Bush?
3) Will we see Daniel Jones play for the New York Giants at all this season?
4) Is this the last season we’ll see Eli Manning play for the Giants?
5) Will Dallas be able to sign Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper to new deals this summer?
6) If Prescott gets an extension, will he be the latest $30 million-per-year quarterback?
7) Is the Chicago Bears‘ Week 1 kicker on the roster right now?
8) When will Cam Newton‘s shoulder be back to 100 percent?
9) Will Bobby Wagner get his wish and become the league’s highest-paid inside linebacker?
10) What will be the outcome of the child-abuse investigation involving Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill?
11) How badly will the New England Patriots miss Rob Gronkowski?
12) Who will be the Washington Redskins‘ starting quarterback in Week 1?
13) Will the Green Bay Packers extend their narrow all-time lead (97-95-6) over the Chicago Bears in the NFL’s annual Thursday Night Kickoff?
14) How will the Packers‘ offense run with new head coach Matt LaFleur calling the plays?
15) Will the Tennessee Titans‘ Marcus Mariota break out in Year 5 and prove he’s a franchise quarterback?
16) Will Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston revive his career under new Bucs coach Bruce Arians and earn a long-term extension?
17) After headline-making trades and free-agent signings, can the Cleveland Browns live up to skyrocketing expectations?
18) How will first-year Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens manage so many big personalities?
19) Will new Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury and 2019 first overall pick Kyler Murray take the league by storm?
20) Can the Rams overcome the “Super Bowl hangover” and make another run at a Lombardi?
21) What exactly is up with Todd Gurley‘s knee?
22) And will Gurley be at 100 percent come Week 1?
23) Will Sam Darnold take the next step in his development under new Jets coach Adam Gase?
24) Will Josh Rosen do enough in Year 1 with Miami for the team to commit to him long-term?
25) Who will win the battle of former Oklahoma QB Heisman winners when the Browns visit the Cardinals on Dec. 15, Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield?
26) Will Tom Brady‘s play ever drop off so much that he can’t compensate?
27) Can Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams and Josh Jacobs help Derek Carr return to his 2016 form?
28) Whom will the Jets hire to be their new general manager?
29) Is this Larry Fitzgerald‘s final season?
30) How will the Ravens‘ defense respond to losing so many longstanding leaders (Terrell Suggs, Eric Weddle, C.J. Mosley) in the locker room?
31) What will a Lamar Jackson-led Ravens offense look like in Year 2?
32) Will Jadeveon Clowney, who received the franchise tag this offseason, be in a Texans uniform when Houston faces New Orleans in Week 1?
33) Have the 2019
Steelers put all of 2018’s drama behind them?
34) Can Leonard Fournette stay healthy (and out of Tom Coughlin’s dog house) to be the impact player the Jaguars need him to be?
35) How much better will the Vikings‘ offense be in Year 2 of the Kirk Cousins Experience?
36) Did the Jaguars finally get a franchise quarterback in Nick Foles?
37) What does the Giants‘ Saquon Barkley do for an encore to his sensational rookie season?
38) What will Landon Collins do for Washington in his two games against the Giants this year?
39) Is Carson Wentz entirely healthy and can he stay that way all season?
40) What impact will Gregg Williams have on the Jets‘ defense?
41) What does Le’Veon Bell look like for the Jets after a full year off?
42) Is the Bears‘ defense OK without Vic Fangio?
43) Can Chicago’s Mitchell Trubisky show he’s an elite quarterback?
44) Who will be the first coach to challenge a pass interference call or non-call?
45) How will Chris Harris Jr.’s salary dispute with the Denver Broncos be resolved?
46) How will Fangio remake the Broncos‘ defense as head coach?
47) Will Drew Lock replace Joe Flacco as Denver’s starting quarterback at any point this season?
48) Can Patrick Mahomes get even better?
49) How will the rebuilt Chiefs‘ defense perform?
50) How will ageless running back Frank Gore fit into the Buffalo Bills‘ backfield?
51) How much better will Bills quarterback Josh Allen be in Year 2?
52) Will John Brown and Cole Beasley boost the production from the Bills‘ wide receivers?
53) Will the Jaguars‘ Yannick Ngakoue, who’s entering the final year of his rookie contract, get paid like the premier pass rusher he has become?
54) How will Zac Taylor change the Bengals after the team’s 16 seasons with Marvin Lewis?
55) Is Andy Dalton‘s successor in the building in Ryan Finley?
56) Will the 49ers‘ Dee Ford and DeForest Buckner wreak havoc on opposing quarterbacks?
57) Can Justin Houston be the Colts‘ best pass rusher since Robert Mathis?
58) Will Andrew Luck be the league’s MVP?
59) Is Kyle Rudolph‘s future with the Vikings or somewhere else?
60) Will Matt Patricia’s second season in Detroit be much better than the first?
61) How will the Lions‘ pass rush do with Trey Flowers‘ arrival?
62) Can Philip Rivers finally get to a Super Bowl?
63) Is Keenan Allen the best least-talked-about receiver in the NFL?
64) How will
Jimmy Garoppolo perform in his return from the ACL tear he suffered in Week 3 last season?
65) Will Nick Bosa‘s hamstring be a lingering problem?
66) Does Jon Gruden have any more shocking roster moves up his sleeve?
67) How much more of an impact can Leighton Vander Esch make in Year 2?
68) Could backup quarterback Nate Sudfeld be another Nick Foles for the Eagles if need be?
69) Will the Eagles give Malcolm Jenkins a new contract?
70) How do the Buccaneers generate a pass rush with Jason Pierre-Paul expected to miss at least a significant chunk of the season after suffering a serious neck injury in a car accident?
71) Do Jalen Ramsey and the Jacksonville Jaguars fall in love again?
72) What will Baker Mayfield to Odell Beckham Jr. look like?
73) How on Earth will the league’s competition committee define a Hail Mary as it considers tweaking the pass interference challenge rule?
74) Will a crucial game go into overtime and prompt the NFL to change the rules to allow both offenses to touch the ball?
75) Will the league and NFL Players Association make more progress toward a new collective bargaining agreement?
76) With the overhaul of the Legion of Boom complete now that Earl Thomas has moved on to Baltimore, how different will the Seahawks‘ defense be?
77) Will receiver D.K. Metcalf draw as much attention for his play in Seattle as he did for his physique during draft season?
78) Can Deshaun Watson and the Texans‘ offensive line reduce the number of sacks he takes?
79) Will LeSean McCoy still be a Bills running back when the season begins?
80) Will Josh Gordon play for the Patriots this season?
81) By just how much will
Julio Jones reset the
receiver contract market?
82) And how much will the Bengals pay A.J. Green?
83) With linebacker Reuben Foster potentially out for the season, what becomes of Washington’s linebacker corps?
84) Who replaces Jamison Crowder as Washington’s slot receiver?
85) Will the Falcons and Grady Jarrett come to an agreement on a long-term deal before the July 15 deadline?
86) Will the Saints give receiver Michael Thomas a new contract before the market grows even richer?
87) Do the Cardinals sign a player to fill in for the suspended Patrick Peterson?
88) Do the Rams give Marcus Peters a contract extension and is he more consistent in his second season with the team?
89) Will Alex Smith play again?
90) Who nabs Gerald McCoy?
91) Will Titans tight end Delanie Walker be fully recovered from his major ankle injury by Week 1?
92) Can Ryan Tannehill resurrect his career as Mariota’s backup in Tennessee?
93) Will the addition of Rodger Saffold be enough of an upgrade for the Titans‘ offensive line?
94) What does Bill Belichick have in mind for
95) Will Dirk Koetter’s return as the Falcons‘ offensive coordinator mean Matt Ryan and Co. will be more consistent in producing at a high level?
96) How will first-year head coach Brian Flores navigate Miami’s rebuilding roster?
97) Will anybody in the AFC East give the Patriots competition this season?
98) How significant will the departure of Mike Munchak from coaching the Steelers‘ offensive line to do the same in Denver be?
99) Will Gronkowski actually stay retired?
100) Was Bart Starr, who passed away on Sunday, the greatest Packer of all time?
Follow Judy Battista on Twitter @judybattista.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)
Share and Enjoy